Short Bytes: Call it a bug or an updated feature of the Google maps, now with the updated version of Google maps, without entering the destination, Google maps will suggest you things like nearby hotels, gas stations etc. This feature has not been released publicly but it is expected to come to your mobile soon.
You can enter this driving mode whether you have a destination in mind or not. So, now the artificial intelligence system of the Google Maps will suggest things like traffic incidents, nearby restaurants, gas stations, and more based on your usual driving route.
However, you will first need to update to the latest version of Google Maps (v. 9.19) to activate this feature and follow the following steps —
How To Unlock Google Maps’ New Hidden Driving Mode
- Open Google Maps on your device.
- Navigate to Settings in the slide-out panel on the left side of the app.
- At the bottom of the settings list, select “Sign out of Google Maps.”
- Tap the Multitasking button on your phone and swipe away Google Maps.
- Re-open Google Maps.
- Open the slide-out navigation panel on the left side of the app.
- You should now see a “Start driving” button on the list of options.
- Navigate to Settings and sign back into Google Maps.
It might happen that the steps to activate the Driving Mode may vary from one device to another, however, above mentioned steps are the most common steps using which many users were able to activate it. This may be a hidden feature Google may not have meant to release publicly, or it may simply be a bug that it’s not available without workarounds.
This may be a hidden feature Google may not have meant to release publicly, or it may simply be a bug that is unavailable without workarounds.
Also read: How To Save Google Maps for Offline Use
The post How To Unlock Google Maps’ New Hidden Driving Mode appeared first on fossBytes.
Powered by WPeMatico