Every business owner understands that happy employees equal happy clients, and happy clients are always good for business. However, in such a fast paced and high pressure world, this can be tough to achieve. This is true if you don’t have any VoIP systems in place. A good VoIP network allows you to create work at home solutions that will keep your workers happy and your company productive. So how exactly will VoIP and working at home equal to a more successful business? Let’s find out.
It’s good for business
Many businesses have misconceptions about their employees choosing to work from home. They assume that their employees will be less productive if they are not within the office environment. However, this is far from the truth. As a matter of fact, according to a Harvard Business Review study, work at home policies for your small business tends to be more beneficial for your company. This is thanks to the combination of cloud computing and VoIP technologies, which can easily migrate the office environment virtually anywhere with an Internet connection. Along with this, VoIP services can empower your small business and work at home employees in a number of ways:
- VoIP technologies allow you to keep your employees on track with an array of management tools like barge, monitor and whisper which allows you to coach and micro manage your employees.
- The cost of business resources, furniture, space and sick days are reduced when there is an effective way for your employees to work at any location.
- VoIP services promote continued collaboration between employees even if some of them are not in the office, allowing workflow to be more efficient.
- As a business owner, VoIP gives your company more opportunity for growth. You can communicate and hire people from different countries with minimal cost.
Perks for employees
Work from home policies with VoIP systems isn’t just good for business either. It’s also good for your employees. As more of their workload is digitized, working from home or anywhere else has never been easier. In fact, studies have shown that employees who took days to work from home were actually more productive. Part of this is because it gives them a break from the stressful office environment and, with a VoIP service readily available to them, they feel as if they haven’t missed a day’s worth of work. With the right VoIP systems installed, employees can easily collaborate with co-workers.
Using VoIP at home also saves your employees from long and costly commutes in the morning. They can simply pick up their VoIP device and join the conference meeting without physically being in the boardroom. Furthermore, employees who want to recall important events during conferences or seminars can use the VoIP call recording feature. This way, employees can make sure they are correctly approaching their work in their own time.
VoIP requirements for remote workers
If you’re convinced that working from home is a good solution for your company, it is essential that the VoIP service provider that you choose offers the features listed below:
- Voicemail: a must for any VoIP device. This feature will record a missed call and send you an email of the audio file.
- Call forwarding: allows your employees to simply take and transfer calls between VoIP devices and their smartphones.
- Whisper, monitor and barge: allows you to check on your employees. If they’re in a business call you can still contact them without disrupting the call. This is also a good tool for call coaching.
- VoIP integrated to shared documents: products like Office 365 let your employees access Skype while collaborating on a Word document. This means your employees can give instant feedback and correct each other without the need to send emails.
Many companies are now benefiting from a mobile and remote work environment. Although work at home strategies may seem like a risky venture, making the most out of your VoIP technologies will keep your employees happy and productive. If you want to learn more about the VoIP services that we offer and where it will fit in your company, give us a call.
Powered by WPeMatico